Looking back over my years in business, I’ve had some successes and I’ve made quite a few mistakes. Mistakes are okay.
They are a naturally stepping stone to success. You have to make them to become successful. Someone once said that success comes from experience. Experience comes from making mistakes. Mistakes come from doing something.
So today I want to share with you one of the biggest business mistakes I’ve made since entering the business world.
My Biggest Business Mistake Is..
…not proactively building a large network of influencial people who I consider to be good friends.
I believe one of the best ways to become successful in business is to have a close group of friends who are already experiencing the success that you want.
To do that you have to NETWORK with people.
Networking is what creates the path that puts you in front of people. But you don’t want to network with just anyone. You should be networking with people that will help you meet your objectives.
So This Year I’m Stepping Out!
I’m “putting myself out there” a lot more and getting to know people.
1. This year I attended the Marketers Cruise and met a lot of top internet marketers.
2. I also joined two mastermind groups.
Both are VERY high level groups that have many million dollar marketers, which meet several times a year.
3. I’m planning on attending SANG (the speakers and authors networking group) this March.
4. I’m looking to start a local mastermind group here in Houston with a few top flight internet marketers.
5. I’m also thinking about starting a social group here in Houston made up of internet marketers.
6. Kirt Christensen and I are planning to hold a “Costa Rica Mastermind Event” with 20 six figure internet marketers in November.
So as you can see, I’m stepping out and growing my rolodex.
Harvey McKay once said…
…that you should guard your contacts with your life and if he was being mugged and had to choose whether to hand over his wallet or his Rolodex file, it would be no contest.
He would hand over his wallet. Your lifeblood to success lies right in your rolodex.
So let me ask you, what specific steps are you taking this year to expand your personal rolodex?
What did you do today to strengthen the relationships you have with the people in your rolodex?
Remember, your NETWORK will equal your NET WORTH.
Want to learn the secrets to finding, meeting and networking with “VIPs” (very important people)? Then you’ll want to definitely listen to this interview with ultra successful business woman, Christine Comaford.